Asahi Kasei Corporation (hereinafter referred to as "Asahi") provides this policy for the protection of privacy and personal information of the user (hereinafter referred to as "User") of the plastics product information site "AKchem.com" which Asahi operates (hereinafter referred to as "Site")
- Asahi may ask the User to register the User's personal information. Asahi will not disclose or provide the personal information provided by the User to third parties except in the event that:
(1) The User consents to the disclosure in advance;
(2) The disclosure is made in a manner that the identity of the User cannot be distinguished;
(3) The disclosure is made to a consignee (affiliated company, trading company, distributor, or shipping company) which has already executed secrecy agreement with Asahi;
(4) It is deemed appropriate that a reply to an inquiry be made by an affiliate of Asahi or the like which has executed a secrecy agreement with Asahi; or
(5) Disclosure is mandated by law or disclosure to third parties is permitted by the Personal Data Protection Law.
- In addition to responding to or fulfilling inquiries or requests from the User, and other purposes designated when personal information was received, personal information received from the User may be used for the following purposes:
(1) To record and analyze the use of the site in order to make improvements to the Site ;
(2) To provide the User with appropriate content downloads ; or
(3) To inform the User of new products, services, events, or the like.
- Cookies may be used to enrich the service provided by this Site. If cookies are not accepted, some functions of this Site may not be available for use.
- Asahi will exercise appropriate care in the management of the User's personal information. To this end, Asahi will employ strict security measures to ensure against the loss, misuse, alteration, or the like of the User's personal information. Asahi will keep the User's personal information within a secure environment where unauthorized persons cannot obtain access to it.
- Upon confirmation of the identity of the User, Asahi will respond reasonably and quickly to the desire of the User to confirm, revise, or delete its personal information.
- Asahi may entrust personal information to outside firms in the course of outsourcing. Asahi performs selection and oversight of firms to which personal information is entrusted based on the level of protection (maintenance of confidentiality, prohibition of use for unauthorized purposes, etc.) established.
- Asahi will observe relevant laws and ordinances and other norms with respect to protection of the User's personal information.