Terms and Conditions for Registered Users of the Site
Article 1 - Application
- These "Terms and Conditions for Registered Users of the Site" (hereinafter referred to as "these Terms") shall apply to those who have registered personal information such as address and name as a user of the plastics product information site (hereinafter referred to as "User") which Asahi Kasei Corporation (hereinafter referred to as "Asahi") operates and named as "AKchem.com" (hereinafter referred to as "Site") by a way which the Site designates on the on-line display or otherwise designated way, and those who desire to be registered as the User (hereinafter referred to as "Applicant").
Article 2 - Application
- The Applicant shall apply for registration in accordance with the following procedure or procedures otherwise provided by Asahi.
- The Applicant shall apply for use of the Site by way of on-line registration or means otherwise provided by Asahi, upon consenting to these Terms. By applying for use of the Site, the User shall be regarded to have consented to these Terms without reservation; and
- The Applicant shall provide to Asahi all information which Asahi deems necessary for use of the Site, including but not limited to name and address, by way of online entry and submission using the user registration page or other means provided by Asahi.
- The registration procedure shall be complete upon consent of Asahi to the application as provided in the preceding provision. However, Asahi is entitled to deny registration of the Applicant, at Asahi's sole discretion, when Asahi deems that the Applicant falls within any of the following:
- The Applicant does not exist;
- The Applicant is temporarily disqualified due to violation of these Terms or other reasons, or is disqualified due to past violation of these Terms or other reasons;
- There is a falsity, error, or omission in the application form which the Applicant submitted to Asahi;
- The Applicant otherwise falls within any of the items provided in Article 10; or
- Asahi otherwise judges that the use of the Site by the Applicant is inappropriate.
- Asahi may issue a User ID to a specific Applicant by means determined by Asahi other than the procedure described above. In this case, the Applicant shall consent to these Terms in a manner which Asahi provides.
Article 3 - Commencement of Services
The provision of services on the Site to the User shall commence upon the issuance of a User ID and password after registration of the User.
Article 4 - Qualification of the User
- The services provided on the Site intended for the User shall not be used by anyone other than the User itself. The Applicant shall obtain qualification as a User upon Asahi's consent to its application in accordance with Article 2.
- Asahi is entitled to cancel its consent to the application of the User and invalidate the ID of the User in the event that the User is revealed to or appears to fall within any of the items described in Provision 2 of Article 2.
Article 5 - Responsibility of the User
- The User shall not use the services which Asahi provides on the Site for purposes other than those intended by Asahi;
- The User shall not act to violate or be likely to violate copyrights, trademarks, or other rights or benefits of Asahi or third parties with respect to information included in services supplied by Asahi on the Site;
- The User shall not assign to third parties or have third parties use, sell or purchase, transfer, pledge, or otherwise dispose of its rights as the User;
- The User shall control its User ID and password on its own responsibility; and
- The User shall notify Asahi immediately when it loses qualification as a User due to retirement, change of employer, transfer, change of assignment, or the like.
Article 6 - Liability and Authority of Asahi
- Asahi makes no warranty regarding accessibility of the Site to the User, and is entitled to suspend or discontinue operation of the Site at Asahi's sole discretion.
- Asahi makes no warranty as to the content of third-party websites to which the Site links, and the User shall use such third-party websites on its own judgment and responsibility.
- Asahi assumes no liability as to use by the User of the Site or third-party websites to which the Site links.
Article 7 - Withdrawal
- In the event that the User desires to withdraw from membership, the User shall report to Asahi in the manner determined by Asahi which is current at that time.
- Upon withdrawal, the User shall lose all rights, benefits, and privileges with respect to the use of the Site, and shall acquire no rights to claim to Asahi.
Article 8 - Handling of Registered Information of the User
Article 9 - Method of Notice to the User
- Unless otherwise provided in these Terms, all notices from Asahi to the User shall be delivered by e-mail to the address which the User provided to Asahi at the time of application, placed on the Site as a general notice, or other means deemed appropriate by Asahi.
- In the event that the notice is delivered by e-mail, delivery of the notice to the User shall be regarded as complete when Asahi transmits the message to the e-mail server which administers the e-mail address provided by the User.
Article 10 - Suspension and Revocation of Qualification of the User
Asahi is entitled to suspend or revoke the qualification of the User, without notice or forewarning, in the event of any of the following:
- The User obtains or uses, or has third parties obtain or use, a User ID or password improperly;
- The User alters information supplied by Asahi on the Site without permission from Asahi;
- The User uses the services supplied by Asahi on the Site for improperly;
- The User in any way interferes with operation of the services;
- Asahi is unable to contact the User;
- The User's personal information such as registered e-mail address includes false information and the User fails to comply with a request by Asahi to correct it;
- The User has not used its User ID on the Site for 2 years or more;
- The User violates, or it is suspected that the User violates, laws or ordinances; or
- Asahi otherwise judges that the User is inappropriate to be qualified as the User.
Article 11 - Personal Information